January 5, 2011

#5

Photo Editing

I started this project off with some pretty lofty expectations. I felt like I needed to be able to take a photo that wouldn't need to be retouched or edited. I was convinced in order to be considered a good photographer, I'd need to be able to shoot perfect pictures every single time.

Then I came back to Earth and realized even if that were possible, it was going to be a tad beyond my capabilities at this point. Or, you know, ever. I was going to need some definite help with that perfection part.

And so I came to the conclusion that editing wasn't a dirty word. The programs exist for a reason. And I want to get better at learning to use them, too. I'm starting off with getting familiar with Lightroom right now since it's an Adobe program I haven't used much in the past. So far, I really like it. I was able to dig back into my photo archives and try to rescue a picture I'd taken a few months ago. The subject was adorable, but the lighting was really bad.

(Original)


(End Result)
(Click on photos to enlarge)

I'm pretty pleased with it, in the end. I do think I went a little overboard with the green tones, but my main goal for this picture was the enhance the sparkle in her eyes, and I think I achieved that. I'd consider this a mediocre photo saved.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! My photo editing "skills" are limited to cropping and re-sizing, lol!

    ReplyDelete